Improve your sorority relations by hosting/attending dinner exchanges! Inspired by our Brothers at Alpha Psi Delta (CU-Boulder), this event will allow you enjoy a great meal while getting to know women in your Greek community. It will also teach your members dinner etiquette, and proper social interaction. Active Brothers will visit the active sorority sisters, and the sorority new members visit the Lodge and our Chi Psi new members (or vice versa).
- Food (catered or cooked at your Lodge/shared living space)
- Business casual attire
- Dining room or large common space with tables and chairs
- Plates, cups, utensils
Optional: Appropriate music to play in the background during dinner – we suggest Michael Buble. It’s always a fan favorite among our female guests.
Tips to Remember:
- Time the food and presentation appropriately.
- Dress appropriately, and be confident!
- 2 months out
- Contact the sorority’s Social Chair to set a date. Be sure to involve the Brotherhood to see what fits everyone’s schedule.
- Set budget
- Find venue
- Two weeks out:
- Get a headcount on attendees to determine how much food is needed
- Ask for any dietary restrictions before setting the menu.
- Inform Lodge chef, contact caterer or assign cooking responsibilities among Brothers
- One week out:
- Purchase food and supplies
- Remind Brothers to pick their outfits out and take them to the dry cleaners if necessary.
- Day of event- Look sharp. Be confident. Have fun!