Don’t have the time to put together a big Thanksgiving dinner? Looking for a fun way to introduce new pledge class members or recruits to the area? Plan a Fast Food Thanksgiving or Brotherhood Feast! This event asks each Brother or family to bring a certain dollar amount of food from their favorite fast food or local restaurant.
- Budget for Brothers or families
- Cups, plates, utensils
- Dining room or large common space
- Costumes (This is inspired by Talladega Nights if you’re looking for costume ideas)
Tips to Remember:
- This is an easy event that takes little time to plan so it can be held as often as the Alpha wants.
- Works best when marketed very low-key. i.e. There is no expectation that EVERY Brother has to go. It’s as good of an event with 60 Brothers as it is with 6.
- This can be a good way to introduce new men to the best spots in your college town.
- 1 week out
- Let Brothers know the day, time, location and food budget.
- Buy supplies (plates, cups, utensils, napkins)
- Day before event: Email or text the details to remind Brothers
- Day of event
- Generate buzz.
- Make sure there are enough trash cans to dispose food.
- Sit out supplies.
- Post event: Don’t wait to clean up!