Utilize a Brother’s impressive facial hair by sacrificing it for charity.
- A well-known Brother with a distinguishable beard
- A committee to organize the sale and collection of raffle tickets
- Raffle tickets
- Promotional materials (Facebook event, posters, word-of-mouth advertising, etc.)
- A charity to raise money for
- Fundraising goal
- Food and drinks
Tips to Remember:
- If you don’t have a Brother with an impressive beard, you can convince one to grow one for the purpose of the event.
- Make sure that you have a good system in place to collect the money and sell raffle tickets.
- 1 month out
- Set date
- Set budget for promotions, food, etc.
- Find venue
- Begin promotions with signs, Facebook, presentations at sorority and fraternity meetings, etc.
- Begin selling raffle tickets
- Day of event- Draw the raffle. Whoever wins is allowed to style the beard however they would like to for an entire week (shave, dye, braid, etc.).
- Week after event – Have the Brother shave the beard completely off and donate the money.