Share a traditional Thanksgiving meal together as an Alpha the week before actual Thanksgiving!
- Comfortable space with furniture
- Semi-formal attire
- Holiday attire
- Others in the community or university can purchase tickets to make this a philanthropy event.
- 1 month out
- Set date
- Set budget
- Set menu (Remember you have a lot of people to feed!)
- Find venue/kitchens if needed
- Send out alumni invitations and begin online promotions (Facebook, email, etc.)
- 2 weeks out-
- Divide the responsibilities for the meal (turkey, dressing/stuffing, desserts, sides, plates, drinks, etc.) through the family system or through your cook or meal plan.
- Purchase supplies (decorations, plates, cups, etc.)
- 1 week/3 days out- purchase all food (if buying in bulk)
- Day of event-
- If possible, hire a cleaning crew to wash and wax floors and clean all areas or plan to clean it yourself. Presentation is everything!
- Plan for ample time to cook
- Set up tables, making sure everyone has a seat
- Set up greeters at the door at at different points around the Lodge or venue to make alumni and recruits feel welcome (use your best recruiters for this)
- Post event- clean up, if you have activities planned afterwards, clean as you go