Raise money for a worthy cause by organizing a 5K targeted towards the Greek and campus community.
- Location and course
- Reasonable entry fee
- T-shirts for participants
- Permission of the local town or school where the event will be held especially if roads will need to be closed for race
- Marketing campaign
- Registration table
- Numbers for runners
- Sport drinks
- Snacks or lunch
- Trophies or medals
Tips to Remember: You have to market this effectively for success! Remember that the Central Office can provide online registration if needed.
- at least 2 months out-
- Set budget
- Set date
- Find location
- Begin requesting all local permissions
- Begin marketing through flyers, social media, etc.
- Begin seeking sponsorships if needed
- Get quotes for t-shirts
- 1 month out-
- Visit all fraternities, sororities and student organizations to advertise event
- Open online registration
- 2 weeks out-
- Finalize sponsorships
- Order t-shirts
- 1 week out- purchase supplies (numbers, drinks, snacks, etc.)
- Day of-
- Have all Brothers arrive at least 2 hours prior to race time to set up registration, water stations, snacks, etc.
- Organize groups into runners and walkers
- Following the race, have a short awards presentation ceremony to announce winners
- Afterwards, have Brothers check the entire course for any trash. Remember to leave the location as clean as you found it so you can use it again in the future!